Wednesday 20 January 2010

Sick



The last few days have been a mixed bag.

On Monday I was hunched over the toilet praying to the porcelain gods for leniency in a battle to retain my stomach contents. I forgot how painful it was to vomit while sober. Due to my sobriety I was able to accurately identify all the components of my puke, which I'm not sure whether is a good or a bad thing. I ended up spending almost a whole day in bed with a nasty virus.

On Tuesday I found out more details on where I will be living in Korea. I shall soon be a brand spanking new resident of Pohang. A few nuggets of info that I've been able to find out so far about my new home are....

It has a large steel factory
It has a footie team in the K-League - Pohang Steelers
It's got a multiplex cinema
There's US naval base nearby
It has a lot of prostitues

Sounds like fun times. I'm getting more excited for my upcoming adventure but also a wee bit more apprehensive as everything is becoming more 'real'.

No comments:

Post a Comment