Thursday 14 January 2010

Flying


I have a fear of flying. I don't know where it came from but it's definitely here. When I was younger I flew quite a few times without any problem, infact, I think I enjoyed it. In 2004 I went on a trip to New York...everything was different. Panic, sweaty palms, shaking, heavy breathing...it was all kinds of crappy. I was a wreck in the departure lounge, I almost turned around and walked the other way when we were boarding the plane. The take off was horrible. The flight was nervy. The landing was a relief. Then 1 week later I had to go through it all again. I have not been on a plane since.

This fear is a big problem for me, so I'm tackling it head on. I paid £14.95 to download a self-hypnosis mp3 from McKenna.com

I've gone through it a few times now and I think I feel less nervous about air travel. It's a little tricky to concentrate sometimes when Paul sounds like a sex pest local DJ ("Relax. Feel your shoulders sinking down. Yeah, that's it.") but hopefully it's doing the business. The real test of course is when I get on the plane to Korea.

Fingers crossed

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment