Tuesday 29 June 2010

Fighting 1




I went to Yongsan electronics market in Seoul on the weekend. It's a huge complex with about 5000 stalls and shops selling all kinds of electronics. The electronics, like immigrants, are bunched into their own little areas. So, there's a PC floor on the building, a digital camera area and even a street solely devoted to lighting products........it's Magpie-man's dream. So pretty and flickering. Ooooohhhh.......

I, of course, went straight for the videogames section though. It was so tempting to buy a Japanese Famicom but, I managed to resist. I might have to return one day to grab that little Nintendo......I'm such a sucker for any old consoles. I ended up buying an MVS cart for my arcade - 'Art of Fighting 3'. I mainly bought it because the graphics, by Neo Geo standards, look pretty freaking sweet.

I might slap up a little review of the game soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Now I challenge you to playing it without comparing it to Street Fighter II. Or review it without mentioning SFII, for that matter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ken-a-like character is a bit lame (although cool to fight with) but, I don't think it's particularly similar to SF2. The combos tend to work like a scrolling beat 'em up - AAB, ABB, ABBC, etc. I rather like the game. It, of course, nowhere near as good as SF2 though.

    ReplyDelete